To coordinate the successful completion of new site (MDU) fibre installations. To ensure that contractor work is in compliance with The4thUtility standards, and where required, take direct control of elements of the main equipment installs to the comms room. To ensure that each project is delivered as planned the role will oversee the civil and cabling installations, testing elements of the contractors' build or assessing their testing, coordinate the delivery of the carrier circuit(s) to site, liaise with the site managing agent as required and ensure that at all times, the internal planning and operations functions are kept abreast of progress for reporting and tracking purposes.
* Manage a number of suppliers and contractors in the cabling and installation of FTTP capability to MDU's.
* Monitor, verify, validate and sign off the various stages of delivery ensuring deadlines are met and internal operations/support teams are kept up to date on delivery against the plan.
* Driving remedial actions where required.
* Installing central kit to the comms room.
* Manage any resource conflicts and prioritise activities and sites to maximise the business opportunity.
* Ensuring the finished build is of the highest standard before handing over to our connections team.
* Promoting safe working practices and making sure Health and Safety policy is always at the forefront of everything we do.
* To implement and monitor metrics/KPI's and reporting across our outsourced partners and suppliers to ensure maximum cost efficiency and delivery performance.
* Engage fully with other teams across the business that impact the delivery life cycle.
* As required to support operations, troubleshooting fault finding and fixing.
* Must have at least 5 years Telecoms/ISP/cabling experience in a similar role.
* Must have and be able to demonstrate intimate knowledge of FTTP, internal and external fibre build, civils and service provider circuit delivery.
* Knowledge of street works and an understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991(NRSWA).
* Demonstrate the ability to talk the 'same language' as civils and cabling contractors.
* Working knowledge in splicing, testing and fault finding on fibre optic networks.
* Experience of new development MDU/SDU installations.
* Experience of retrofit FTTH installation.
* Knowledge of the implementation of PIA/DPA deployment.
* Experience of working on internal and external cable and duct installations, both pulled and blown, fibre jointing, fibre testing (OTDR, PON and ILM).
* CSCS card (or equivalent) would be beneficial but is not essential.
* Able to prepare and terminate various sizes/types of fibre cable within an ODF.
* Able to read, understand and splice to a Fibre Splice Diagram (FSD).
* Able to solve/correct faults on a network.
* Able to maintain and update test log.
* Full UK driving licence is (mandatory).
* Professional, trusted and confident at all times, calm under pressure.
* Passionate about customer experience.
* Excellent negotiator and influencer.
Back to job search
- Technical Sales Executive
Job location: Manchester Job salary: £ £30k dependent on experience
Morson Talent are proud to be partnering with ...
- Sales Executive
Job location: London Job salary: £ £30k pa on target package
Morson International are proud to be partnerin...
- Sales Executive
Job location: Manchester Job salary: £ £30k pa on target package
Morson International are proud to be partnering...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs